Sheer Rocks is a restaurant lounge and bar located at Cocobay Resort St. Mary’s Antigua and is registered as a Partnership under the name of Sheer Rocks.
As the recipient of your personal data, we make every effort to respect your right to privacy during your visits to our website www.sheer-rocks.com (the “Site”) or concerning the data communicated in our restaurants, and only process the personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the applicable local regulations.
This policy concerns the data that allows you to be identified and that we collect during your visits to the Site or in our restaurants and in the context of our restaurant sales activity (the “Personal Data”).
- CHARTER ON THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Types of information collected
The Personal Data that you communicate to us or that we collect are:
Information relating to your identity such as your surname, first name, gender, date, and place of birth;
Your contact details such as your postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers;
Data relating to the means of payment used;
Information that you provide to us by communicating with us;
Information relating to our commercial relationship;
- Why do we use your Personal Data?
The Personal Data that we collect may be communicated to us (i) on the basis of your consent, (ii) be necessary for the execution of pre-contractual measures taken at your request or for the execution of a contract, (iii) be required by a legal obligation or (iv) for the legitimate interests of Sheer Rocks.
The purposes for which we process your Personal Data and the legal bases justifying the processing are as follows:
- Contract: we process your Personal Data for the execution of your orders and the contract, in particular in the context of invoicing, payment, delivery, or to respond to any pre-contractual request from you.
The fields marked with an asterisk on the form for placing an order or making a reservation for a package refer to the Personal Data that must be provided to us so, as the case may be, that we can process your order. Failure to provide the required data will prevent us from communicating with you or processing your order.
This processing is based on the execution of pre-contractual measures and/or the execution of the contract.
- Customer relationship: the processing is necessary to ensure, strengthen and personalize communication, in particular by information e-mails as well as in the context of the personalization of the Site according to your observed preferences, in particular by means of cookies. It is also necessary for the management of complaints and returns.
This processing is based on the execution of pre-contractual measures and/or the execution of the contract.
- Marketing: we may use your Personal Data to offer you marketing content, special offers, and promotions, in particular by e-mail in the form of a newsletter or by phone message.
Processing is based on the pursuit of your legitimate interests. Insofar as you are a customer acting for private purposes, this processing is conditioned by your
consent. However, in accordance with applicable law, we may send e-mails to promote products similar to those already supplied.
You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email received.
- Legal Obligations: We may process your Personal Data in order to comply with our legal obligations or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement request or another legal process.
This processing is based on the satisfaction of a legal obligation.
- Security: we may process your Personal Data to prevent fraud or ensure the security of the network and information of your computer systems.
- Sharing your Personal Data with third parties
Sheer Rocks does not transfer any Personal Data to third parties. However, in order to offer you the best possible service, we share your Data third party service providers. Subject to an adequate level of protection, this may include:
- delivery companies;
- payment providers;
- the professionals responsible for operating our Site (digital partners) with whom we have signed a confidentiality agreement available if you wish;
- fraud prevention or customs authorities.
- Accommodation and international transfers
Your Personal Data is stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. We have chosen our current data centres after careful investigation, as they have proven to be among the most reliable ones. The continuous monitoring, upgrading, and securing of the servers are performed by the highly qualified team of our system administrators.
At all times, we take appropriate measures to maintain the security of personal information during the transfer and upon receipt of such information.
- Retention of your Personal Data
In accordance with the applicable regulations, your Data is kept for a period that does not exceed the period strictly necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes mentioned in section (I-2).
Data used for commercial prospecting purposes may be kept for three years from the end of the commercial relationship.
Data relating to a non-customer prospect may be kept for three years from their collection by the data controller or the last contact from the prospect.
Data allowing proof of a right or a contract to be established, or kept for compliance with a legal obligation, may be subject to an intermediate archiving policy for a period not exceeding the duration necessary for the purposes for which they are kept, in accordance with the provisions in force.
We take all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data transmitted against any unauthorized or unlawful processing as well as against destruction, loss or accidental damage.
We ask that you contact us immediately in the event of any unauthorized or suspicious use of your Personal Data in connection with www.sheer-rocks.com by contacting us at the contact details mentioned in section (I-8) below.
- Your rights
You have the following rights over your Personal Data:
- Access and information: the right to obtain information about the Personal Data we hold about you and the related processing; the right to access this Data and to receive information concerning the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Data concerned, the recipients of the Data, and the possible existence of automated decision-making and underlying logic of the processing, as well as the retention period of the Data;
- Withdrawal of consent: the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time when consent constitutes the legal basis of the processing, it is specified that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent initial ;
- Portability: the right to receive Personal Data in electronic form and/or to ask us to transmit this information to a third party when technically possible (this right is only applicable to Personal Data that you have provided to us);
- Rectification: the right to request rectification or modification of your Data;
- Erasure: the right to ask us to erase your Data;
- Opposition: the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data for reasons related to your particular situation and in any event to object to the processing of your Data for the purposes of commercial prospecting;
- Restriction: the right to ask us to limit their processing.
You also have the possibility of communicating to us directives relating to the conservation, erasure, and communication of your Data after your death, which directives can also be registered with “a certified digital trusted third party”. These directives can designate a person in charge of their execution.
To exercise your rights, you can send us your request by contacting us at the contact details mentioned in section (I-8) below.
In the event of a request to delete your Personal Data, we may however keep them in our archives, for the time necessary to meet our legal, accounting and tax obligations and in particular, to prevent any unlawful behavior after deleting your account.
If you have any questions, you also have the right to consult us so that we do what is most important to us: to enlighten you.
Contact us at the following phone number: +1 268-463-6161 or using the contact form at
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time and will post the revised version on the Site if necessary. Any changes are effective upon posting. It is therefore advisable to check this charter regularly.
When you browse our Site, and subject to your choices which you can modify at any time, we may install cookies in your terminal in order to be able to recognize your terminal during the period of validity of the cookie concerned (the “Terminal “).
- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a connection witness which designates a text file saved in a dedicated space on the hard drive of the Terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) of a media user (web, applications, etc.).
A cookie allows its issuer to identify the Terminal in which it is registered and thus to memorize the activity of the media user, his preferences and the information that he may have already provided through contact forms.
Some cookies are essential for the use of the Site, these are called “technical” cookies, some are useful in the context of optimizing and personalizing the content displayed, and finally, others make it possible to display advertising.
- Purposes of cookies
The cookies we issue are used for the following purposes:
- Improve the functionality of our Site;
- Allow us to know you and remember your information and preferences;
- Establish statistics relating to the audience;
- Implement security measures, particularly with regard to online payments;
- Allow you to share content on social networks.
- Types of cookies
When you browse our Site, we may install five types of cookies in your Terminal:
- Technical cookies: essential for your navigation, in order to ensure the security of the Site and to allow you to access the various services of the Site;
- Security cookies: in particular during online payments to prevent cases of fraud;
- Audience measurement cookies: in order to produce attendance statistics;
- Advertising cookies: allow us and third parties to display advertisements on the Site tailored to your interests;
- Sharing cookies: allow you to share content from our Site.
- How to deactivate or activate cookies?
You can accept or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, or have your browser ask you for confirmation before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you choose to completely disable cookies, you may not be able to use all of our interactive features.
You can also delete all cookies that have been installed in the cookies folder of your browser.
Your Personal Data is stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. We have chosen our current data centers after careful investigation, as they have proven to be among the most reliable ones. The continuous monitoring, upgrading, and securing of the servers are performed by the highly qualified team of our system administrators.